6-Ingredient Orange Chicken
Yields: 6 servings | Calories: 387 | Total Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 73mg | Sodium: 412mg | Carbohydrates: 29g | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 12g | Protein: 26g | SmartPoints: 13 |
- 1.25 pounds chicken breast fillets (about 3 breasts), cut into cubes
- ¾ cup flour (we used white whole wheat)
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 navel oranges
- ½ cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoon lite soy sauce, optional tamari
- In a gallon-sized ziplock bag, add chicken cubes and flour. Shake vigorously until chicken is well-coated. Remove chicken and shake off excess flour.
- Add oil to a large skillet or wok, turn to medium heat, add cubed chicken and cook until lightly golden on all sides. Remove chicken and place on a paper towel. Drain any remaining oil from skillet.
- Zest oranges and add to a mixing bowl. Squeeze juice from oranges, discard seeds, and add to the same bowl. Add barbecue and soy sauce and whisk to combine.
- Add chicken and sauce mixture to the skillet. Toss to coat chicken. Cook on medium heat until sauce has thickened to desired consistency, about 10 minutes. Remove chicken with a slotted spoon and place on a platter.
- Garnish with green onion slices, if desired. Add remaining sauce from the skillet to a bowl and serve along side chicken.
- Complement orange chicken with one of these delicious sides: