A copycat recipe for Pesto Bitchin’ Sauce. This creamy almond pesto dip (or sauce) is made with simply seven scrumptious components. Belief me, you’ll need to dip every part in it! Vegan, gluten-free, low-carb and excessive in protein.
First issues first, have you ever ever seen or tried Bitchin’ Sauce?!? When you have no clue what I’m referring to, Bitchin’ Sauce is a model out of California that makes an array of vegan, almond-based dips/sauces. The primary time I attempted it was once we had a buddy coming into city who’s vegan. I despatched Isaac to the shop to select up some snacks for our visitor. He got here dwelling with quite a lot of vegan goodies, together with two tubs of Bitchin’ Sauce: the warmth (which is spicy) and the pesto. We devoured the dips over the course of the night and I immediately grew to become obsessive about making a home made model.
After a couple of check batches, I lastly got here up with a copycat recipe for the pesto Bitchin’ Sauce that I’m fairly darn pumped about. I’ve already made it a handful of occasions and I do know it’s not likely basil season in the intervening time, however I couldn’t wait to share the recipe. It’s that good.
I’m principally excited for my model of this sauce as a result of I used to be in a position to make it with simply 7 easy components . . . and with none added oil (a complete win!).
Right here’s what you’ll have to make this superb pesto dip/sauce:
- lemon juice
- apple cider vinegar
- recent basil
- dietary yeast
- Bragg’s liquid aminos
This recipe is ideal for incorporating into your weekly meal prep as a result of there’s a lot you are able to do with it. The choices are countless! Listed below are a couple of of my favourite methods to take pleasure in it:
- As a dip for veggies. <– That is how we use it most!
- As a dip or unfold with crackers – I’ve been loving it with Easy Mills crackers currently. Almonds on almonds! 🙂
- As an upgraded pesto sauce for pasta… it’s so creamy.
- As a diffusion on toast . . . avocado + pesto toast anybody?!
I had this dialog round Thanksgiving with Isaac – I really feel like individuals anticipate you to deliver a conventional vacation dish to events, however currently, I’ve been impressed to deliver a brand new creation. Due to the beautiful inexperienced colour and ridiculously scrumptious style, this dip would make the proper addition to a vacation unfold. This 12 months, I’m being daring and plan to deliver a veggie + cracker tray with this almond pesto dip to not less than one vacation social gathering. Fingers crossed individuals love me for bringing a wholesome as an alternative of conventional dish?!
In case you make this almond pesto dip, you should definitely let me know the way it seems by leaving a remark and star ranking under. Your suggestions is so useful for me and different EBF readers!
This creamy almond pesto dip (or sauce) is made with simply seven scrumptious components. Belief me, you’ll need to dip every part in it! Vegan, gluten-free, low-carb and excessive in protein.
- 1 cup almonds
- three/four cup water
- 1/four cup lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/three cup recent basil
- 1 clove garlic
- three Tablespoons dietary yeast
- 1 Tablespoon Bragg’s liquid aminos
- Add all components to a excessive powered blender or meals processor and course of/mix till clean.
- Notice that almonds are a tough nut so it takes a round 1-2 minutes of mixing for the combination to skinny out and change into the consistency of a dip/sauce.
- For a thinner sauce, simply add extra water, 1 Tablespoon at a time till the consistency is the way you prefer it.
- Serving Measurement: 2 Tablespoons
- Energy: 113
- Sugar: 1g
- Fats: 9g
- Saturated Fats: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 5g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 5g
Key phrases: copycat bitchin’ sauce, almond pesto sauce, cream almond pesto dip