This Four-ingredient pesto spaghetti squash contains a creamy almond pesto sauce and is topped with cooked shrimp for a low-carb, protein-packed meal. Diary-free and gluten-free.
This recipe is impressed by a pair reader requests: meal prep tips and easy weeknight recipes!
It takes a while to grasp, however I really like meal prepping sure substances that can be utilized in a wide range of methods. This almond pesto dip (which is a do-it-yourself model of pesto Bitchin’ Sauce) is the right instance of that. You may make this pesto dip/sauce as soon as and use it in soooo many various methods. I adore it as a snack with veggies or crackers, for breakfast on toast with eggs and for dinner as a pizza or pasta sauce. So many makes use of! Since you’re having fun with it in so some ways and pairing it with completely different substances, you possibly can relaxation assured that received’t dread consuming it on the finish of the week. Promise.
And I ought to point out that this pesto sauce isn’t your conventional herby pesto sauce. It’s almond based mostly so it’s additional creamy with a bit punch and tang.
This recipe clearly additionally falls underneath the class of straightforward weeknight recipes as a result of it’s solely Four substances (as soon as the sauce is made!). In fact, we’re not counting olive oil, salt and pepper.
I used roasted spaghetti squash as the bottom, however when you’re craving precise pasta, you possibly can at all times swap within the Barilla legume pasta that I’ve been raving about. It tastes identical to “common” pasta however has a ton of added vitamins. I paired this with shrimp as a result of I really like how rapidly it cooks up, however I’d be keen to guess any protein supply would pair nicely with this sauce! Lastly, we’re topping the dish with recent basil to essentially convey the entire flavors collectively.
If you happen to do that easy spaghetti squash pesto recipe you should definitely depart a remark and star score beneath letting me know the way it turned out. Your suggestions is so useful for the EBF staff and different EBF readers.
This Four-ingredient pesto spaghetti squash makes use of a vivid and recent diary-free almond pesto and is topped with cooked shrimp for a low-carb, protein-packed meal.
- Make almond pesto dip. This step might be finished 1-2 days upfront.
- Roast spaghetti squash as instructed within the linked recipe and take away noodle strands. This step might be finished 1-2 days upfront as nicely.
- If you happen to’re roasting the spaghetti squash the day of, begin cooking your shrimp when the squash has about 5 minutes left of roasting.
- Cook dinner shrimp by including oil to a big sauté pan over medium excessive warmth. Tilt pan so the oil coats the underside. As soon as oil is scorching add shrimp, season liberally with salt and pepper and prepare dinner till shrimp are pink and opaque. This could take about 5 minutes, however will depend upon the dimensions of your shrimp and what number of you’ve within the pan.
- Switch shrimp to a plate and add roasted spaghetti squash noodles into the pan. This step is particularly necessary when you roasted your squash forward of time and it’s coming chilly from the fridge. Add almond pesto sauce to the pan with the squash and toss to coat. Spaghetti squash can get clumpy so simply proceed tossing till the noodles are coated. Switch spaghetti squash combination to plates, prime with cooked shrimp. Sprinkle on chopped basil, if utilizing.
- Serving Dimension: 1/Four of recipe
- Energy: 264
- Sugar: 2g
- Fats: 14g
- Carbohydrates: 7g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 29g
Key phrases: almond pesto spaghetti squash
Searching for different easy recipes with lower than 10 substances? Verify these out:
I even have an eCookbook full of 35 recipes all created from 5 substances or much less. Check out Fit With Five here! Easy meals FTW!