For all of the veggie rainbow followers on the market, I’ve obtained one other recipe coming at you right this moment. These Thai-inspired Asian Shrimp and Rainbow Slaw Bowls are overflowing with cabbage, carrots, bell pepper, and recent cilantro, topped with chili garlic roasted shrimp and tossed in a light-weight peanut dressing.
This salad is every kind of wholesome and it’ll fill you up because of all these colourful veggies. I’m a fan of big parts so my trick with salads is to essentially load them up with mounds of the lettuce, greens, or cabbage base and pile on the recent veggies. Then, I use simply sufficient dressing to evenly coat all that wholesome goodness! It’s an effective way to bulk up your meal and enhance the portion measurement.
The shrimp was the simplest a part of the recipe as a result of it actually takes 1 minute to coat them within the chili garlic sauce and 5 minutes to roast them. As a substitute of roasting, you might even throw them on the grill. One other thought? Skip the shrimp and use one other fave protein! Steak, tofu, pork…or the gradual cooker teriyaki hen from this warm Asian slaw recipe would even be an excellent choice.
And to convey all of the veggies and protein collectively, I made a fast peanut dressing. For the bottom, I turned to my beloved PB2 powder. However be happy to make use of the actual stuff or any nut butter. Then, I livened it up with tangy lime juice, honey, and soy sauce.
In the event you’re feeling the rainbow veggie love on this recipe, ensure you Yum it! Search for the little orange Yum button on the finish of this publish. It’s subsequent to the opposite social media sharing buttons. Clicking this button will take you to Yummly, the quickest rising meals web site, curated with mouth-watering recipes from all around the net. Arrange a private recipe field and discover (and Yum) recipes based on your style, the components you have got readily available, and dietary wants. When you Yum your fave recipes, arrange them into collections and use the Yummly app to generate a grocery buying record! Discover out extra about how Yummly works here! And go to my Yummly page to Yum all of your favourite Vacation spot Delish recipes!
Asian Shrimp and Rainbow Slaw Bowls
Serves: four bowls
- 1 lb massive uncooked, deveined shrimp (about 30 shrimp)
- sprint of salt and pepper
- three tbs chili garlic sauce
- 1 tsp olive oil
- ½ cup PB2 + ⅓ cup water (or ¼ cup + 1 tbs common peanut butter)
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- 2 tsp agave or honey
- Juice of 1 lime
- sprint of pepper
- 1 head of napa cabbage, finely chopped
- 1 purple bell pepper, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, sliced into matchsticks
- three inexperienced onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup chopped recent cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400 levels.
- Place shrimp on a plate lined with paper towel. Pat the shrimp dry with one other paper towel. Sprinkle salt and pepper on shrimp and add them to a big bowl. Add within the chili garlic sauce and olive oil. Toss to evenly coat.
- Unfold the shrimp out on a big lined baking sheet. Bake within the oven for about 5 minutes till the shrimp are pink and cooked by means of. Set shrimp apart.
- Mix all peanut sauce components in a small dish. Utilizing a fork, shortly stir till the combination is creamy. Put aside.
- Place equal quantities of cabbage, bell pepper, carrots, and inexperienced onion into four bowls. Prime every bowl with 7-Eight shrimp and a couple of tbs of peanut sauce. Prime every bowl with a sprinkle of recent cilantro.
Serving measurement: 1 bowl
Vitamin Data (per serving) from Caloriecount.about.com
Energy: 263 Fats: 5.2g Carb: 23.5g Fiber: 6.9g Protein: 32.6g Sugar 12g Sodium: 1515mg
Weight Watchers Factors (calculated on member web site)
WW: 6 Factors Plus
Extra bowl recipes: