The idea of a beet burger appears slightly unusual, proper? Hear me out although. I by no means grew up consuming beets. I’d all the time been turned off by their earthy, straight-from-the-ground taste. However after seeing beet salads on numerous restaurant menus and so many delicious-sounding beet recipes on-line, my FOMO kicked in. I made a decision to provide them one other attempt, however I began easy…with beet chips –thinly sliced beets drizzled with olive oil, seasoned with salt and pepper, and baked within the oven like candy potato chips. The earthy taste fades out and also you’re left with candy and crispy chips.
Apart from their excessive potential to stain your garments and fingers a deep and vibrant reddish-purple, I’m now totally on board with beets. I’m all the time searching for alternatives to swap carbs and meat for veggies (eg, Buffalo Cauliflower Sloppy Joes, Spaghetti Squash Waffle Grilled Cheese), so this newfound beet territory had me doing a contented dance.
The beets even LOOK like floor beef for crying out loud! However appears aren’t the whole lot…texture and seasoning are key elements to creating these patties the hearty, meatless, flavor-bursting burgers they had been meant to be.
Along with the beets, carrots, and onions, walnuts add some grit and grainy texture to the burger, and the oats assist bind the components collectively. Within the seasoning division, I opted for a delicate southwest taste profile with just a few dashes of cumin and chili powder. And my oh my, do these flavorings pair effectively with the massive dollops of tangy cilantro lime yogurt sauce.
To actually drive residence the wholesome, hippy, earth-loving vibe of those burgers, I selected to high every with alfalfa sprouts. However any greens or type of lettuce will work. Arugula can be my subsequent selection!
Within the spirit of summer season picnics and swimsuit season, give these healthful and wholesome beet and carrot sliders a attempt! These mini burgers are overflowing with savory taste, complemented by the cool and tangy yogurt sauce. And by way of texture, these burgers might absolutely give common outdated beef patties a run for his or her cash!
Beet and Carrot Sliders
Serves: 12 sliders
- Three beets, peeled and roughly chopped
- Four medium carrots, peeled and shredded
- ¼ cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ tablespoon chili powder
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup quaint oats
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- ⅔ cup Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup bitter cream
- ¼ cup freshly chopped cilantro
- Juice of ½ lime
- 10 slider buns
- Alfalfa sprouts
- Put together the burgers: Place the beets on a big piece of paper towel. High with one other paper towel and press down firmly to launched the surplus moisture. Add the beets and remaining burger components to a meals processor. Course of till the combination varieties a consistency much like floor meat. Take about ⅓ cup of the combination and kind right into a mini patty. Repeat for the remainder of the combination.
- Prepare dinner the burgers: Warmth 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a big grill pan or skillet on the range over medium-high warmth. As soon as heated, add half of the patties to the pan. Prepare dinner on either side for about Three-Four minutes till golden brown. Repeat this step for the remaining patties.
- Make the sauce: Mix the Greek yogurt, bitter cream, cilantro, and lime juice in a small bowl and stir.
- Assemble the sliders: Place one burger in every bun. High with sprouts and a small dollop of Greek yogurt sauce.
Serving dimension: 1 slider
Energy: 243.9 Fats: 11.7g Carb: 29.4g Fiber: g3.eight Protein: 9.1g Sugar 6.5g Sodium: 307.8mg