I’m certain we are able to all agree that toasted entire wheat bread with a wholesome unfold of almond butter is pure heaven, particularly when paired with a sizzling cup of espresso in our favourite mug. It’s a simple and filling breakfast and a good way to start out the day. However, what if we had been so as to add only a couple extra toppings to take this toast to the subsequent degree? And by subsequent degree, I’m speaking about upgrading to dessert-for-breakfast Caramel Apple Toast standing.
The Toast Layers
Let’s break down the beautiful layers of toppings. After all, you’ll need to begin with an epic toasted slice of your favourite healthful grainy, seedy bread. (That’s, in case you’re into all that texture. I’m an enormous fan.) Then, onto the:
- Unfold of almond Butter. Or any nut or seed butter, actually. We’re beginning off with the acquainted base layer. In case you’re searching for a selfmade model that can add much more apple taste to this toast, take a look at this Apple Cinnamon Almond Butter.
- Thinly sliced apples. Slice up your favourite sort of apple and layer on the slices. Suggestion: Use a tart Granny Smith apple if you need drive dwelling that genuine caramel apple taste.
- Drizzle of vegan date caramel. Or any sort of caramel. However we’re going for healthful and wholesome right here, so why not attempt one thing new? I first launched this caramel sauce final 12 months once I made these Caramel Apple Overnight Oats.
- Sprinkle of chopped nuts. Seeds (like pepitas or sunflower seeds) work too! We’re creating much more texture right here with a pleasant crunch on the finish.
I supplied a bit of this toast to my mother when she stopped over the opposite day. “Ohhh I’ll simply take a chunk,” she stated. Earlier than she left, the entire piece was gone! She was undoubtedly shocked by how a lot this toast tasted like an precise caramel apple.
So, first issues first. Get that caramel sauce going. The recipe under will provide you with about twice as a lot as you’ll want for four items of toast, however this implies you’ll have leftover caramel so as to add to your oatmeal and yogurt parfait, or to make use of as a dip for fruit!
This Caramel Apple Toast is healthful and filling, and, hands-down, a dynamite deal with for breakfast!
Caramel Apple Breakfast Toast
Serves: four items of toast
- 6 massive dates, pitted
- ¼ cup almond butter (or any nut butter)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- three tablespoons almond milk
Toast and toppings:
- four slices entire wheat bread, toasted
- ⅓ cup Apple Cinnamon Almond Butter (or any almond butter)
- 2 apples, sliced skinny
- ¼ cup chopped nuts (pecans, pistachios, peanuts)
- Make the caramel sauce. In a meals processor or blender, add the dates and course of till a thick paste kinds. Add the almond butter, vanilla extract, and salt. Course of till the combination turns into easy and uniform. Whereas the processor is working, stream within the almond milk till the combination is thick and syrup-like.
- Prime the toast: Unfold an equal quantity of almond butter on every bit of toast. Prime with apple slices. Drizzle about 1 tablespoon of caramel sauce excessive of every piece of toast. Sprinkle with chopped nuts.
You’ll most probably have leftover caramel sauce. I calculated the vitamin utilizing half the quantity of every caramel sauce ingredient.
Serving measurement: 1 piece of toast Energy: 305.5 Fats: 19.eight Carbohydrates: 29.2 Sugar: 12.three Sodium: 182.7 Fiber: 6.eight Protein: eight.6