Right here’s a problem. Discover a kid-friendly and wholesome appetizer recipe that doesn’t encompass uncooked veggie sticks and ranch dip. As I gear up for the All Day Snack Fest, or as some prefer to name it, the Superbowl, I’ve been looking for a healthful, but indulgent and enjoyable recipe for the children to take pleasure in. I’d actually like to take a break from the entire rooster nugget, French fries, scorching canine routine for in the future.
I’ve talked about earlier than that my children are simply beginning to check the waters with greens. The truth is, simply final night time I made “Inexperienced Monster Soup” (often known as Broccoli Cheese Soup), and so they wolfed it up. I’ve concluded that should you title it one thing whimsical, you’ve already gained half the battle. Add in some cheese and it’s a particular slam-dunk. So veggies and cheese it’s.
With that in thoughts, I made a decision to take the cauliflower pizza crust route. I’ve solely ever made it for my husband and me, so this was a little bit of a danger. However the children, after all, love pizza and for the reason that crust, in my view, can completely go for the true factor, I solid forward with the concept. And this concept changed into pizza bites as a result of what child wouldn’t love a bit of melted cheese and pepperoni popper dipped in heat pizza sauce?
Let me clarify how this entire cauliflower crust idea works. You’ve acquired some finely floor up cauliflower, which you’ll zap within the microwave after which let cool. Now, THE most necessary step…Place that mound of cauliflower within the heart of a kitchen sack towel. Spherical up the cauliflower in a ball and twist that towel over the sink with all of your may. You gained’t imagine the quantity of moisture you’ll squeeze out! Place the wrung out cauliflower in a bowl and stir within the seasoning and eggs. Now your “dough” is able to be made into an everyday cauliflower pizza crust OR these insanely addicting Cauliflower Pizza Bites.
I also needs to point out this different genius transfer I used to hook the children…the tremendous secret shock within the center. I sliced up small chunks of mozzarella cheese (string cheese to be precise, however common block cheese works too!) and popped them contained in the cauliflower crust to make these bites further tacky and gooey.
For sure, the children LOVED. THEM. Truly, all of us cherished them. I’ve made them twice up to now 2 weeks and plan to once more for the Superbowl. The one distinction subsequent time round is that I’ll have to name them by their newly appointed official title: Minion Cheese Bombs.
Take a look at the video!!
Cauliflower Pizza Bites
Serves: 24 bites
- 1 giant head of cauliflower
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- Four ounces block mozzarella cheese, divided
- 72 mini pepperoni items
- Pizza or marinara sauce for dipping
- Chop the cauliflower into giant florets.
- Place ⅓ of the florets right into a meals processor. Give it a couple of fast pulses after which course of for about 10 seconds till the cauliflower resembles rice kernels. Pulse a couple of extra instances till the cauliflower begins to kind a paste. Switch the cauliflower to a big microwave protected bowl. Repeat this course of 2 extra instances with the remaining florets.
- Microwave the cauliflower for Four minutes till smooth. Let the cauliflower cool for a couple of minutes. Place the bowl within the fridge or freezer to expedite. Then, drain the surplus moisture from the cauliflower by putting it in a mound in the midst of a kitchen towel. Collect the towel right into a ball and twist to wring out each final little bit of moisture. While you assume you possibly can’t wring out any extra, preserve wringing! Place the cauliflower again into the bowl and add the seasonings and eggs. Combine nicely with a big spoon.
- Spray a mini muffin tin liberally with cooking spray. Place about 1 tablespoon of the combination into every nicely of the muffin tin. I used a mini ice cream scoop for this half. Chop 2 ounces of cheese into 24 mini chunks. Shred the remaining 2 ounces of cheese with a grater. Push 1 chunk of cheese into the center of every cauliflower chew.
- Bake within the oven for 20 minutes till the sides start to brown. Take out of the oven and high every chew with a sprinkle of shredded mozzarella cheese and three mini pepperoni items. Place again within the oven for Three-Four minutes till the highest layer of shredded cheese is melted. Use a butter knife to fastidiously loosen the chew from the perimeters of the pan and take away.
- Serve the bites with a small dish of marinara sauce on the aspect.
Diet info doesn’t embody marinara sauce
Serving dimension: 2 bites
Diet Info (per serving) from Caloriecount.about.com
Energy: 63 Fats: Three.6g Carb: Three.1g Fiber: 1g Protein: 5.1g Sugar 1.1g Sodium: 221mg