I do know, I do know. I’m approach late to the Cauliflower Pizza Crust recreation. There are 1,000,000 and a half recipes on the market already. And I’ve even seen pre-packaged crusts popping up within the grocery retailer, which is superior. However I’m keen on my home-made model that I’ve been making for years.
My model of Cauliflower Pizza Crust accommodates simply four components —cauliflower, eggs, salt, and pepper! Whereas the ingredient record is fairly quick and candy, this crust takes a bit of extra time to make than it’s possible you’ll be used to. However don’t let the cooking time deter you! It’s a simple course of and I’ve damaged down all of the steps and supplied some tricks to make it a enjoyable household exercise!
I divide the method into three steps: cauliflower prep, crust prep, and pre-baking.
- Cauliflower Prep: My husband and son deal with this half, which incorporates mixing the florets in a meals processor, cooking it within the microwave, wringing out the surplus moisture.
- Crust Prep: Then my daughter and I take over, mixing within the eggs and seasoning, spreading the crust out on a parchment paper-lined pan, and pre-baking it. Parchment paper is a MUST with this step (tin foil will NOT work), in any other case you’ll be scraping chunks of crust off the pan. Not enjoyable.
- Pre-baking: Cauliflower crust have to be pre-baked earlier than you add on any toppings. This ensures a sturdy crust that can maintain as much as all of the scrumptious veggies, meat, and/or cheese you prime it with. Additionally included on this step is “the flip.” After baking for about 15 minutes, you’ll have to flip the crust so the opposite facet will get brown and crispy. To flip the crust, use an additional giant spatula or attempt the “flip and peel” methodology described within the recipe beneath.
This entire course of takes lower than 45 minutes, which can look like a very long time. However understand that whereas the crust is baking, you’ll be able to prep all your toppings in order that they’re able to go when the crust comes out of the oven.
Some shortcuts you can take to chop down on the prep time:
- Make it a household affair and assign completely different steps and duties to others.
- Purchase pre-cut cauliflower florets so that you don’t have to cut the cauliflower.
- Purchase bagged cauliflower rice and simply give it just a few good pulses within the meals processor.
- Place the microwaved cauliflower within the fridge or freezer to expedite cooling.
We often make a pair pizzas at a time, together with a tacky pepperoni model for the children, and a extra refined pizza for the adults, which I all the time eat half of, however by no means really feel responsible about! Talking of guilt-free refined pizza for adults, I’ve obtained a enjoyable recipe for that coming subsequent week!
Cauliflower Pizza Crust
- 1 giant head cauliflower
- 2 eggs
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Put together the cauliflower: Preheat the oven to 375 levels. Chop the cauliflower into florets. Place ⅓ of the florets right into a meals processor. Give it just a few fast pulses after which course of for about 10 seconds till the cauliflower resembles rice kernels. Pules just a few extra instances till the cauliflower begins to look paste-like. Switch the cauliflower rice to a big bowl. Repeat this course of 2 extra instances with the remaining florets.
- Cook dinner the cauliflower: Place the cauliflower in a big microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for three minutes till tender. Let the cauliflower cool for a couple of minutes. Then, drain the surplus moisture from the cauliflower by inserting it in the course of a kitchen towel, gathering the towel right into a ball, twisting, and wringing out the moisture.
- Put together the crust: Place the cauliflower again into the bowl and add the seasonings and eggs. Combine properly with a big spoon. Line a pizza pan with parchment paper and empty the cauliflower combination onto the middle of the pan. Use your fingers to flatten the dough and type it right into a circle, urgent it out to fringe of the pan till it’s about ¼-inch thick.
- Bake the crust: Place the cauliflower crust into the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes till the sides are browned. Take out of the oven and utilizing an additional giant spatula(s), rigorously carry the crust from the parchment paper and flip it over again onto the parchment-lined pan. See notes for an alternate methodology. Bake for one more 10 minutes till the crust is golden brown.
If you happen to don’t have an additional giant spatula, attempt the “flip and peel” methodology. Take the crust (and accompanying parchment paper) off of the pan and put aside on a heat-safe floor. Place one other sheet of parchment paper on the pan, decide up the crust (parchment paper hooked up) together with your arms, and punctiliously place the crust open facet down on the brand new parchment paper. Then, peel off the parchment paper from the highest of the crust.