If you happen to’re nonetheless discovering leftover Thanksgiving cranberry sauce in your fridge, I’ve acquired you lined with a easy recipe for the candy and salty snack lover in you. I lately shared the recipe for these Bacon Wrapped Cranberry Jalapeño Poppers, which I’ve made for the final two weekends of soccer watching. And immediately, we’re including a enormous batch of Cranberry Pistachio Granola to the leftover cranberry sauce recipe assortment.
Cranberry sauce in granola? Belief me on this one. The cranberry sauce provides this granola an additional increase of tangy and candy taste that bakes proper into the oats. Additionally within the combine are toasty pistachios, dried cranberries for a extra concentrated pop of taste, and white chocolate chips. Customise this granola as you would like, utilizing your favourite sort of chocolate and nuts!
And because the mad rush of present giving season is underway, I’m going to indicate you learn how to flip this granola right into a enjoyable little foodie present to your family and friends. Right here’s what you’ll want:
- 1 swatch of burlap (5.5 in x 5.5 in)
- Scissors and gap punch
- 1 mason jar with lid
- Vacation ribbon (at the very least 1.5 cm broad)
- Reward tags (see hyperlink to printable under!)
- Mini ornaments
- Synthetic winter greenery (non-obligatory)
I bought the burlap, ribbon, and ornaments from JoAnn Cloth, and I discovered the mason jars on the Greenback Retailer. I feel all of the supplies got here in below $5. Test the JoAnn Cloth web site for coupons!
Step 1: The jar cowl. Pop the lid off the mason jar, and take away the interior spherical plate. Cowl the plate with one burlap sq., and place the lined plate again into the lid. Then, safe the complete lid again on the jar.
Step 2. The present tag. Lower a 12-inch lengthy piece of ribbon. Seize a present tag (see hyperlink to printable under!) and punch a gap within the high nook of the tag. Deliver the two ends of the ribbon collectively and slide them via the outlet from the again of the tag. Tie a mini decoration across the punched gap.
Step three. Meeting. Wrap the ribbon and tag across the jar lid, pulling the ends of the ribbon tight to safe. If this present can be dealt with lots (suppose: packed right into a field, carried to and from the automotive, doable shaked by children), then I’d counsel tying the ribbon in a knot for additional safety. Non-compulsory: Lower a small piece of greenery and safe it below the ribbon.
There you’ve it! In three easy steps, you’ve embellished a stunning, festive jar to present this Cranberry Pistachio Granola or every other sort of foodie treasure to mates, household, and coworkers! Obtain the present tag printable here!
Cranberry Pistachio Granola
- three cups quaint oats
- ¾ cup shelled pistachios, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon floor cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon all spice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons oil
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup white chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 300 levels.
- In a big bowl, mix the oats, pistachios, cinnamon, all spice and salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk collectively the cranberry sauce, oil, and maple syrup.
- Pour the moist elements over the dry elements. Utilizing a big spoon or spatula, stir the combination till the oats and pistachios are evenly coated. Unfold the granola combination out evenly on a big nonstick baking sheet.
- Bake within the oven for about 45 minutes. Test on the granola each 10 minutes and provides it a fast stir with a big spoon.* Granola is prepared when it reaches a golden brown colour.
- When the granola is out of the oven and nonetheless on the baking sheet, pour the white chocolate chips and dried cranberries over the granola.** The white chocolate chips could soften a bit, however that is okay as a result of it would assist clusters to type. Let the granola cool earlier than serving.
*Maintain a detailed eye on the granola as soon as it reaches the 30 minute mark. At this level, you might wish to verify it each 5 minutes to make sure the pistachios do not burn.
**As soon as out the oven, the granola could appear a bit damp nonetheless. As you let the granola cool, it would dry out.
Serving dimension: ⅓ cup
Diet Info (per serving) from Caloriecount.about.com
Energy: 120 Fats: 6.5g Carb: 13.7g Fiber: 1.8g Protein: 2.6g Sugar 5.8g Sodium: 46mg