I’m an enormous oatmeal fan! So big I used to eat oatmeal each single day… #obsessed. Through the years I’ve shared so many wholesome oatmeal recipes and it’s positively nonetheless one in every of my all-time favourite breakfasts! It’s so heat, comforting and wholesome. Plus, I’m a volume eater so I like the truth that with oatmeal I get to eat an enormous, scrumptious bowl in a single sitting. On this submit I’m going to interrupt down all the things it’s essential learn about oatmeal, why it’s so good for you and share a bunch of wholesome oatmeal recipes it’s essential strive immediately!
What are the well being advantages of consuming oatmeal?
There are such a lot of health benefits! Oats are a complete grain, low in saturated fats, low in ldl cholesterol, naturally gluten-free and a great supply of fiber, thiamin, magnesium, phosphorus and manganese. The soluble fiber in oatmeal can even assist lower cholesterol levels and scale back danger of heart problems. Plus, there’s one thing about oatmeal that warms the soul. 😉
I’ll say, the little packages of oatmeal usually have numerous sugar in them, so it’s at all times greatest to make your personal!
What are the various kinds of oatmeal?
Metal reduce oats: these are the least processed oats. The oat groat (the total oat “grain”) is reduce into two or three components to get to metal reduce oats. Here’s my go-to cooking method for steel cut oats.
Quaint/rolled oats: oat groats which have been steamed after which rolled which quickens the cooking course of for all of us at dwelling.
Fast or immediate oats: these are probably the most processed of all of the oat varieties. They’re pre-cooked, dried, and rolled and pressed barely thinner than rolled oats. They prepare dinner quicker than than metal reduce or rolled oats, however in addition they lose a little bit of texture within the cooking course of in order that they are typically mushy.
Whereas metal reduce oats are much less processed than common rolled oats, there are solely minor variations nutritionally. Metal reduce, quaint/rolled, and fast oats all have roughly the identical quantity of fiber, protein, energy, and different vitamins. I personally don’t view one kind of oatmeal higher than the opposite, however I are likely to favor metal reduce oats and rolled oats for breakfast recipes however use fast oats for baking generally. Fast oats work nice for my healthy no bake cookies!
How do you make oatmeal?
There are SO some ways to prepare dinner oats. For actual! You’ll be able to bake them, prepare dinner them on the range prime, make them within the gradual cooker, make in a single day oats and even make oatmeal in the microwave. I’m sharing all the other ways to make oatmeal under however the important thing to creating *good* oatmeal?! It’s the mix-ins and toppings! I like mixing in fruit, nut butter and quite a lot of flavors to take my oatmeal to the subsequent degree. No extra boring bowls of oats!
A primary wholesome oatmeal recipe with directions for methods to prepare dinner quaint oatmeal on the stovetop or within the microwave.
- half cup old style rolled oats
- 1 cup water or milk
- sprint of sea salt
- toppings of selection
- Add oats, water or milk and salt to a pot over medium/excessive warmth.
- Deliver combination to a boil, scale back warmth and proceed to prepare dinner for about 5-7 minutes; stirring sometimes.
- You oatmeal is prepared when the oats have soaked up many of the liquid and are creamy. Switch to a bowl and add your favourite toppings.
- To make old style oats within the microwave: add half cup oats and three/four cup liquid (water or milk) right into a microwave-safe bowl and stir to mix. Microwave for 1 minute, then stir and proceed to microwave in 30 second increments, stirring between every, till the oatmeal is the consistency you want. I often prepare dinner them for a complete of three minutes, however you’ll comprehend it’s finished when most the liquid is absorbed and oats are scorching.
- Fastidiously take away from microwave (bowl will likely be scorching) and prime along with your favourite oatmeal toppings.
- Serving Dimension: half cup made with water (no toppings)
- Energy: 150
- Sugar: 1g
- Fats: 3g
- Saturated Fats: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 27g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 5g
Key phrases: wholesome oatmeal recipe, oatmeal recipes
- Savory Oatmeal – A savory oatmeal bowl with an egg, avocado, tomatoes and little parmesan. This bowl has a terrific mixture of wholesome fat, protein and carbohydrates.
- Healthy Salted Caramel Oatmeal – This heat and gooey salted caramel oatmeal is swirled with a straightforward date caramel sauce giving it that excellent mix of candy and salty.
- Banana Bread Oatmeal with Caramelized Bananas – Mainly my dream dessert in breakfast kind. Take pleasure in this gourmand however tremendous easy breakfast!
- Sweet + Savory Egg and Oatmeal Combo Bowl – Don’t knock it ’til you strive it, okay? This breakfast is nice, savory and the right mixture of protein, carbs and fats.
- Protein Pumpkin Oatmeal with Egg Whites – Filled with protein and taste, this oatmeal is one in every of my go-to’s all through fall!
- Zucchini Bread Oatmeal – Your complete kitchen will scent like zucchini bread after making this wholesome breakfast! What might be higher?
- Cinnamon Raisin Oatmeal – A tried and true favourite, this cinnamon raisin oatmeal is tremendous simple to make and oh so scrumptious. This recipe will make you need to ditch these immediate oatmeal packets!
- Peanut Butter Banana Chia Oatmeal – Filled with fiber and protein, this scrumptious bowl of oatmeal will go away you full all morning lengthy! Plus, what’s higher than peanut butter and banana?
- Salted Date Oatmeal – This recipe might be referred to as salted caramel oatmeal as a result of that’s what it tastes like! #sogood
- Tropical Oatmeal – Nothing warms me up like a bowl of oatmeal on a chilly morning particularly if it includes flavors that make me consider white sand, suntan lotion and piña coladas.
- Blueberry Peach Oatmeal – This oatmeal is greatest when blueberries and peaches are in season however nonetheless one in every of my favs yr spherical!
- Date Sweetened Apple Pie Oatmeal by Minimalist Baker – You merely can’t go fallacious with date sweetened oats that style like apple pie.
- Everyday Oatmeal with Amaranth, Coconut and Maple Sautéed Apples by 80twenty — Kris had me at maple sautéed apples.
- Spiced pear oatmeal by The Roasted Root – Spiced pears = excellent for fall.
- Apple Ginger Cashew Cream Oatmeal by Will Frolic For Meals – Love the addition of ginger.
- Brownie Batter Peanut Butter Swirl Oatmeal by Match Foodie Finds – Something that appears like chocolate sauce however can be a breakfast meals is sweet in my e book.
- Morning Glory Oatmeal by Cookie + Kate –Carrots, coconut milk and spices. Want I say extra?
What’s your favourite oatmeal recipe? Depart a hyperlink within the feedback so I can test it out! 🙂