This mild and zippy Fiesta Cauliflower Rice Salad is coming at you simply in time for Cinco de Mayo! Within the midst of all of the chips and salsa, guac, tacos, fajitas, and enchiladas, right here’s a veggie-packed, wholesome choice to serve. Apart from the dressing, this salad is principally ALL greens.
Let’s begin with the bottom of cauliflower rice. Have I discussed how a lot I like when greens take the position of carbs? A couple of pulses within the meals processor are all you have to flip fundamental cauliflower florets into miraculous rice kernels. Much more superior is that reality that you simply don’t even want a grater or meals processor to make it as a result of it’s popping up throughout grocery shops today. I’ve noticed it close to the bagged lettuce within the produce aisle and within the frozen meals part.
Now comes the fiesta a part of the salad. I’ve jazzed up the white and fluffy cauliflower rice with loads of colourful veggies, together with cherry tomatoes, pink onion, jalapeños, black beans, and corn. I roasted a pair ears of corn to get a pleasant charred look on the surface, however frozen corn from the bag will work too.
The dressing provides a contact of sweetness and citrusy taste to the salad due to the lime and orange juices. Shake up all of the spices, juices, and oil in mason jar, whisk in a bowl, or for a smoother, extra emulsified texture, mix it in a meals processor or blender. For a salty end, I crumbled queso fresco on high. Shredded Monterrey jack or feta can be nice substitutions. For a vegan possibility, you could possibly skip the cheese altogether.
I’ll be having fun with this Fiesta Cauliflower Rice Salad on Friday in honor of cinco de mayo, however I believe I’ve discovered a beautiful summer season facet dish to pair effectively with all of the grilled dishes I’ll be making this summer season!
Searching for extra recipes so as to add to your Cinco de Mayo menu? Try this cinco de mayo recipe roundup!
Fiesta Cauliflower Rice Salad
Serves: eight servings
- 1 small head cauliflower
- ¼ cup finely chopped pink onion
- ⅓ cup corn
- ½ cup black beans
- three jalapeños, finely chopped, seeds and ribs eliminated
- 1 bundle (10 ounces) grape or cherry tomatoes, chopped in half
- ⅓ cup queso fresco or cotija cheese (feta works too)
- ⅓ cup recent cilantro, chopped
- Juice of two limes
- Juice of 1 orange
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- 1 small clove garlic
- Put together the cauliflower rice: Chop the cauliflower into giant florets. Place ⅓ of the florets right into a meals processor. Pulse till the cauliflower resembles rice kernels. Switch the cauliflower rice to a big bowl. Repeat this course of 2 extra occasions with the remaining florets.
- Put together the salad: To the bowl with the cauliflower rice, add the onion, corn, black beans, jalapenos, tomatoes, cheese, and cilantro.
- Make the dressing: Add all the dressing components to a meals processor or blender. Mix till clean. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to mix.