For the entire upcoming potlucks, showers, brunches, barbecues and weekend dinners (out in your deck with a glass of wine) in your life, let this Greek Quinoa Salad be your go-to dish. I’ve been making this salad for years as a result of it’s so darn simple and the contemporary and tangy substances are loopy addicting! Plus, fast and simple dishes are what we crave as soon as the hotter climate lastly arrives, proper?
I’ve proof. We hit a completely surprising 85 levels on Monday (Three weeks earlier I used to be driving in a blizzard, btw). Whereas i baked within the solar for an hour watching my son’s baseball apply, the very last thing I wished to do after I received house was stand over the range or activate the oven to make dinner. So I whipped up this refreshing salad and dinner was on the desk in 15 minutes!
So what makes this such a straightforward salad to organize? Comply with these easy steps:
- Make an enormous batch of quinoa. I used my Immediate Pot!
- Chop some cucumber, tomatoes, onion, and parsley whereas the quinoa’s cooking.
- Make the home made dressing. No fancy tools required!
- Mix the quinoa and veggies together with some zippy feta.
- Add within the dressing, toss, and also you’re executed!
So far as the bottom substances go, this salad holds a variety of room for personalisation. I used to be impressed by the flavors of tabouli and the fixings sometimes served with gyros so I stored it fairly fundamental within the veggie and herb division. However the dressing is so versatile that nearly any veggie or herb will work on this salad! Basil, mint, or cilantro could be superb substitutes! And the way about including in some olives? Have been you stunned that they have been lacking? If there may be one meals I simply can’t eat, it’s olives! However I nonetheless admire them for what they add to dishes, and I completely encourage including olives on this salad in case you’re a fan!
In case you wished to make this Greek Quinoa Salad into an additional hearty meal, any grilled meat would pair splendidly with this salad. An concept: make a double batch of the dressing and use it as a marinade for hen or steak. Then, grill it up, chop it, and toss it into the salad!
In case you’re in search of a strictly vegetarian meal concept, stick with me. I’ve an excellent vegetarian naan sandwich recipe coming subsequent week that pairs splendidly with this salad and it makes use of up leftover quinoa!
Greek Quinoa Salad
Serves: 6-Eight servings
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1½ cups chopped cucumber
- 2-Three tomatoes, chopped
- ¼ cup finely chopped crimson onion
- ½ cup curly parsley, chopped
- ⅓ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ cup crimson wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Prep: Add the quinoa, veggies, parsley, and feta to a big bowl.
- Make the dressing: Mince garlic if utilizing a blender or meals processor. Place all dressing substances in a blender, meals processor, or in a glass jar. Mix or shake till mixed.
- Assemble salad: Pour the dressing over the salad substances and toss to mix.