This store has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #KickinItWithKikkoman #CollectiveBias
Drinks on the patio. Freshly mowed garden. Thunderstorm warnings. Humidity. Mosquitoes galore. Going to the lake. Small city parades. Grilling out each evening. These are only a few of the issues that outline summer season in Minnesota, however I’d dare to guess that grilling is staple exercise for all of us all through June, July, and August. What’s a summer season gathering with out an abundance of pasta salads and loads of burgers, brats, sizzling canine, and hen scorching on the grill?
Right here’s one method to have a good time summer season’s best pastime. Fireplace up the grill for this Grilled Hawaiian Stuffed Hen! Bigger-than-life hen breasts, one heck of a glaze, and a few additional particular flavors to wow your visitors. Let me clarify. I’ve at all times cherished a great Hawaiian grilled hen sandwich, however for this recipe, I made a decision to lose the bun and persist with the great things —the ham slices, juicy pineapple, and provolone cheese— and tuck them inside a plump and juicy grilled hen breast.
What actually takes this grilled hen breast to the subsequent degree is the saucy pineapple teriyaki glaze due to Kikkoman® Much less Sodium Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce, which I picked up at my native Walmart within the Asian meals aisle. I mixed this sauce with pineapple juice, dijon mustard, and brown sugar and introduced it to a boil on the range, then decreased to a simmer till thick and syrupy. This outrageously scrumptious glaze shall be repeatedly brushed over the hen throughout grilling to make sure a candy and tangy burst of taste in every chew.
Getting ready stuffed hen is usually a messy course of involving loads of contact with the uncooked meat —positively the draw back of creating stuffed hen! Nevertheless, with this recipe, I eradicated the slice-raw-chicken, then stuff-things-inside-raw-chicken half. As an alternative I grilled the hen first, then sliced it, stuffed the Hawaiian goodness inside, and threw it again on the grill for crucial elements of the method: the glazing of the hen, melting of the cheese, and caramelizing of the pineapple.
To start, season your hen breasts with salt and pepper. Grill on either side till cooked by means of, after which allow them to cool for a couple of minutes. With a pointy knife, minimize a slit into the aspect of every breast to type a pocket for stuffing. Tuck the ham, pineapple, and provolone cheese inside. It’s okay (and most well-liked) if any of the stuffing is protruding of the hen. Place the stuffed hen again on the grill and begin glazing. Brush the highest of every hen breast with the teriyaki pineapple glaze, flip, and glaze some extra. As soon as the cheese is melted and the skin of the pineapple is barely charred and caramelized, the hen is able to be served!
Can’t you simply image this Grilled Hawaiian Stuffed Hen entrance and heart at your July 4th gathering? Not solely is it full of summer season vibes (shout out to that juicy pineapple!), however it’s the proper grilled meat for many who are on the lookout for a lighter major dish choice on the social gathering. And one other bonus? Kikkoman® Less Sodium Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce (in addition to Kikkoman® Less Sodium Soy Sauce) is a perfect condiment for anybody wanting to scale back their sodium consumption, however nonetheless retain most taste of their cooking.
I believe it’s about that point to start out planning your July 4th menu! Click on here to take a look at much more Kikkoman® grilling recipes to do this summer season! And for the coupon clippers on the market, make sure you click on here to avoid wasting in your favourite Kikkoman® products.
Get able to wow your loved ones and associates with this summery, surprise-inside Grilled Hawaiian Stuffed Hen! And sit again, calm down, and absorb all of the sights, sounds, and flavors of summer season wherever chances are you’ll be.
Grilled Hawaiian Stuffed Hen
Serves: four stuffed hen breasts
Pineapple Teriyaki Glaze:
- ⅓ cup Kikkoman® Much less Sodium Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce
- ¼ cup pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- four boneless skinless hen breasts (the plumper the higher!)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- four slices of deli ham
- 2 pineapple rings, sliced in half to create half moon shapes
- four slices provolone cheese, sliced in half
- Make the pineapple teriyaki glaze: Whisk collectively all components in a small saucepan. Deliver the combination to a boil. Cut back to a simmer and cook dinner for about 5 minutes till the combination has a syrupy texture.
- Grill the hen: Warmth the grill. Sprinkle the hen with salt and pepper. Grill the hen for 10-15 minutes per aspect or till the hen is cooked by means of. Switch to a plate and let the it relaxation for a couple of minutes.
- Stuff the hen: Lower a slit on the aspect of every hen breast to create a pocket for stuffing. Stuff every hen breast with 1 slice of deli ham, half of a pineapple ring, and 1 slice (2 halves) of provolone cheese.
- Again to the grill: Place every stuffed hen breast again on the grill. Brush the glaze over every hen breast, flipping after a pair minutes and brushing extra glaze on the opposite aspect. The hen is finished as soon as the cheese is melted and the outer edges of the pineapple are barely caramelized. Reserve the leftover glaze to make use of when serving.