When you’re in search of a fast and wholesome deal with that will provide you with all the comfortable fall feels, look no additional than these Wholesome Apple Cinnamon Muffins!
I actually needed to name these blender muffins as a result of that is a type of throw-it-all-in and mix sort of recipes, however my “blender” is a Nutribullet. And sadly, it wouldn’t maintain the entire elements. For this reason the meals processor was my good friend for these muffins. Meals processor muffins doesn’t sound as interesting does it. So Wholesome Apple Cinnamon Muffins it’s!
What makes them wholesome? A healthful mix of lightened up elements together with quaint oats floor into flour, Greek yogurt, maple syrup, and applesauce make up the bottom of the batter together with loads of candy diced apples and cinnamon to provide these muffins their traditional taste.
The star of those muffins, nonetheless, is certainly the streusel topping made from oats, coconut sugar, and coconut oil. The streusel gently melts into the batter and hardens a bit when the muffins cool, making a barely crunchy topping loaded with a heat, toasted cinnamon oat taste.
To organize the streusel, I began by grinding up quaint oats into a rough flour-like consistency. I used a spoon to combine the flour with the sugar, cinnamon, salt and coconut oil till small crumbly chunks shaped.
Subsequent step is to make the best muffin batter. Apart from the apples, I threw the entire batter elements into the meals processor and blended for one minute till the oats broke down and every little thing got here collectively. Then, I diced 2 small apples, particularly Granny Smith for the tartness, into small little chunks and stirred them in.
I discovered that an ice cream scoop was the very best, mess-free method to evenly divide the batter into all 12 muffin cups. And with a large sprinkle of streusel over every muffin, they’re able to bake!
My household and I’ve been having fun with these muffins all week for breakfast, as a snack, and even dessert! I’ve been loving them as a fast breakfast within the morning. A smear of almond butter and a scorching cup of espresso on the aspect is all I must really feel all of the consolation of fall has to carry!
Wholesome Apple Cinnamon Muffins
- 1 cup quaint oats
- 2½ tablespoons coconut oil, softened
- three tablespoons coconut sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 2½ cups quaint oats
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder (1 tsp)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 small apples, peeled and diced
- Preheat the oven to 375 levels.
- Make the streusel topping: Course of one cup of quaint oats in a meals processor for about 2 minutes till the oats attain a flour-like consistency. Switch the oats to a bowl and add within the coconut oil, sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Stir the combination collectively till it turns into crumbly. Put aside.
- Make the batter: Place the entire muffin elements, besides the apples, in a meals processor. Course of for about 1 minute, stopping midway to scrape down the edges with a spatula. The oats must be damaged down and the batter ought to have a easy consistency. Stir within the apples.
- Put together for baking: Line your muffin tin with muffin liners or grease every nicely of a 12-cup muffin tin. Pour an equal quantity of batter into the cups. Sprinkle the streusel on prime of every muffin.
- Bake: for 15-17 minutes.
Chances are you’ll must switch the batter to a bowl with a purpose to stir within the apples.
You’ll have leftover streusel. Use as a pancake topping or stir into your yogurt!