This kale pomegranate salad is tremendous simple to whip up and makes for a festive and wholesome pink and inexperienced centerpiece. Good for serving at Christmas dinner or brunch.
For those who didn’t suppose I used to be having fun with salads all through the vacations, do you even know me?! I stick by my #saladeveryday technique yr spherical. Whereas I do sometimes go a day with out a full blown salad, eating lots of veggies is at all times high of thoughts!
This salad is the proper addition to your vacation meal. It’s festive, tasty and ridiculously easy to make… you actually can’t go incorrect!
Kale is a superfood! It’s packed with vitamins – a ton of vitamin A, Okay and C, in addition to, a superb quantity of manganese and calcium. It’s additionally low in energy and carbs and since it’s so excessive in vitamins, it’s thought-about one of the crucial nutrient-dense meals on the planet!
I can be trustworthy, kale is usually a exhausting inexperienced to introduce to relations however actually, for those who put together it proper, everybody will LOVE it. For this salad, I therapeutic massage the kale with a dressing, which helps breaks down the powerful leaves and helps add a scrumptious taste to the salad.
Wish to take this salad to the subsequent stage? Add in some candied walnuts or pecans. They’re so easy to make by yourself – I’ve a recipe for rosemary candied pecans, however after all you may at all times use store-bought. I used Diamond glazed walnuts they usually had been a success with the fam! Often I keep away from including candied nuts to my salads as a result of I’m conscious of my sugar consumption and candied nuts have fairly a little bit of added sugar, however I’m utilizing them for this recipe as a result of it’s meant to be a vacation salad. In fact, you may at all times make this salad with toasted nuts as an alternative of candied nuts and it’ll nonetheless be simply as tasty – however have much less sugar. And you may at all times turn this right into a meal-sized salad by serving bigger parts and including a lean protein on high. I guess it will be scrumptious topped with seared salmon.
For those who make this kale pomegranate salad be sure you let me know the way it seems by leaving a remark and star score under. Your suggestions is tremendous useful for me and different EBF readers who’re desirous about making the recipe.
This kale pomegranate salad is tremendous simple to whip up and makes for a festive and wholesome pink and inexperienced centerpiece. Good for serving at Christmas brunch or Christmas dinner.
- 2 bunches of kale, rinsed and dried, ribs and stems eliminated, leaves thinly sliced
- four ouncesgoat cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds (about 1 massive pomegranate)
- 1/three cup candied walnuts or candied pecans*
- sea salt and pepper, to style
- 1/three cup olive oil
- 1/four cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- contemporary or dried herbs (elective)
- Make dressing: add all elements right into a blender and mix till mixed or add all elements to a mason jar and shake to mix. Dressing could be made as much as three days upfront. Make it and retailer within the fridge till able to prep the total salad.
- In a big mixing bowl, mix kale with about half of the dressing and use your palms to therapeutic massage the dressing into the kale. Add extra dressing as wanted (it’s possible you’ll not want all of it). Reserve any leftover dressing for an additional use.
- Add pomegranate seeds and goat cheese to the salad bowl (saving a little bit of every for topping), toss collectively and season with sea salt and pepper to style. Add extra dressing if wanted. Switch to a serving bowl, sprinkle with candied nuts, extra pomegranate seeds and goat cheese.
- Be at liberty to make your individual candied walnuts/pecans or use store-bought. You can even simply use toasted nuts if wish to in the reduction of on the quantity of sugar.
- Serving Measurement: 1/6 of recipe (made with half of the dressing)
- Energy: 221
- Sugar: 10g
- Sodium: 225mg
- Fats: 13g
- Saturated Fats: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 19g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 7g
- Ldl cholesterol: 9mg
Key phrases: kale pomegranate salad, christmas salad, christmas kale salad