A lightened-up penne alla vodka recipe made with protein-packed pink lentil penne and coconut cream. This model has much less energy and fats, extra protein and fiber and it’s nonetheless loaded with creamy taste. Gluten-free and vegan. This put up is sponsored by Barilla®.
Are you able to imagine Valentine’s Day is correct across the nook? Whether or not you keep away from it just like the plague, have fun Galentine’s Day as an alternative or are trying ahead to a date evening along with your sweetheart, I’ve received a recipe for you. Now I’m curious… which camp do you fall into?
Isaac and I used to exit for alllll of our particular events – birthdays, anniversaries, Valentine’s Day, and many others. – however as we’ve gotten older, we’ve began loving nights in virtually as a lot as nights out! I really like creating particular nights in. I get out the fabric napkins (if that isn’t #adulting, I don’t know what’s…), the flowery wine glasses and set the desk for a enjoyable sit down meal. Bonus ambiance factors for flowers and candles. The vibe of our dinner is virtually as vital because the meals itself… virtually. 😉
Which brings me to this pasta dish! I really feel like Italian meals plus a pleasant glass of wine is the right date – both out at a restaurant or at dwelling. So, when Barilla approached me to create a wholesome, vegan pasta dish for Valentine’s Day I used to be all in. Feels like our very best date evening!
I really like creamy vodka sauces, however I needed to take a stab at a vegan model for you guys! I do know a number of you might be plant-based or have dairy sensitivities and is likely to be lacking your creamy pasta sauces. The important thing elements on this sauce are: crushed tomatoes, coconut cream and vodka. Sure, you really use vodka within the recipe! It’s used to intensify the flavour, however the entire alcohol cooks off so it’s household pleasant. We really didn’t have vodka readily available after I created this recipe, so I used vermouth as an alternative and it was nonetheless scrumptious!
As you most likely know by now, I used my beloved Barilla legume pasta to up the vitamin issue of this dish. I used the Barilla Purple Lentil Penne particularly, which is made with simply pink lentils… so cool! It’s filled with plant-based protein and is a wonderful supply of fiber. Protein and fiber are often not phrases used to explain pasta, so I’m obsessive about Barilla’s new line! If you wish to test it out, it’s sold on Amazon.
For topping the pasta you should utilize dairy-free shredded parmesan or my hemp parmesan and chopped contemporary basil. Don’t overlook the basil. . . it’s so fragrant and brings this dish to the following stage.
In case you make this penne alla vodka please you should definitely go away a remark and star score beneath. Your suggestions is so useful for the EBF crew and for different EBF readers who’re excited about making the recipe.
A lightened-up penne alla vodka recipe made with protein-packed pink lentil penne and coconut cream. This model has much less energy and fats, extra protein and fiber and it’s nonetheless loaded with creamy taste. Gluten-free and vegan.
- 1 field (eight oz) Barilla Purple Lentil Penne
- three Tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 28 ouncescan crushed tomatoes
- 1/four cup vodka or vermouth
- ⅛ teaspoon pink pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1/three cup coconut cream
- half of cup contemporary basil, chopped
- ¼ cup dairy-free shredded parmesan or hemp parmesan
- Carry a big pot of salted water to a boil, add pasta and prepare dinner till accomplished, about 7 to 9 minutes. Drain.
- In the meantime, warmth olive oil in a big skillet over medium warmth. Add garlic and onions and prepare dinner for 5-6 minutes or till onions are translucent and aromatic. Rigorously add crushed tomatoes into the skillet. Carry to a simmer and add salt, pepper and crushed pink pepper. Stir to mix and prepare dinner for about 2 minutes earlier than pouring within the vodka and simmering the sauce for an additional 5-6 minutes. Add within the coconut cream.
- At this level you’ll be able to add the drained pasta again to the pot and pour within the sauce to mix. Or you’ll be able to plate the pasta and add sauce on high.
- Sprinkle contemporary basil and parmesan over the pasta and toss to combine. Serve instantly, passing extra parmesan in case you like.
- Serving Dimension: 1/four of recipe
- Energy: 456
- Sugar: 4g
- Fats: 18g
- Saturated Fats: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 57g
- Fiber: 11g
- Protein: 18g
Key phrases: vegan penne alla vodka