Wholesome, protein-packed vegan mushroom stroganoff made with savory mushrooms, lentil pasta and a creamy coconut milk sauce. This publish is sponsored by Barilla®.
Winter is the toughest season in the case of sticking to your well being targets. The chilly climate and restricted daylight squashes motivation. There are continually treats within the kitchen and events with mulled wine, sizzling chocolate and boozy apple cider galore. We reside off of heavy, hearty casseroles and soups. It’s straightforward to see why this season is hard in the case of our well being!
When winter rolls round, I simply attempt to be constant. I began a 10K step challenge within the fall and knew I wished to hold that over into winter. I enable room for treats and drinks in my weight-reduction plan all year long so I don’t really feel the necessity to go overboard over the vacations, however I undoubtedly deal with myself sometimes. And in the case of hearty casseroles, soups and comfortable consolation meals, I simply make upgraded, more healthy variations that I can be ok with consuming!
There are such a lot of childhood (or seasonal!) favorites that may be made lighter and more healthy. It does take a little bit trial and error however I’ve discovered, the extra snug you’re within the kitchen, the better it’s to make these swaps to improve your favourite recipes. Some examples embrace my sweet potato casserole, this cauliflower baked ziti and my quinoa fried rice.
This week I’m tackling beef stroganoff. Historically this dish is made with beef, egg noodles (not a whole lot of vitamins on this pasta) and a cream sauce made with a great deal of butter. I believed it could be enjoyable to make a wholesome, plant-based mushroom stroganoff as an improve. I promise it tastes simply as savory and pleasant as the unique.
As a substitute of beef, I swapped in mushrooms. I like the feel of mushrooms and the flavour profile works very well on this dish. I used a mixture of child bella mushrooms and a bundle of unique blended mushrooms.
As a substitute of egg noodles, I swapped in my new favourite pasta: Barilla legume pasta. I selected the Barilla Purple Lentil Rotini which is created from one ingredient – purple lentils! It has a fantastic, al dente texture that works completely for this dish. To high issues off, it’s a superb supply of plant-based protein and a very good supply of fiber. HUGE improve from the egg noodles, proper?
As a substitute of a heavy cream sauce created from butter and flour, this sauce is primarily coconut milk. Coconut milk is uber creamy and a fantastic supply of wholesome fat. Should you’re conserving monitor, sure, we now have wholesome fats, fiber and lean protein on this meal = my method for constructing a balanced meal! I season the coconut milk with a whole lot of yummy seasonings like dietary yeast and Worcestershire sauce that make the ultimate product tremendous much like conventional beef stroganoff.
One other perk of this recipe? You make it multi functional pot. Hooray for much less dishes!
And if you happen to’re inquisitive about making an attempt the Barilla Legume pastas, you could find them on Amazon!
Should you do this mushroom stroganoff, please let me know the way it seems by leaving a remark and star ranking beneath. Your suggestions is tremendous useful for the EBF group and different readers who’re fascinated by making the recipe.
Wholesome, protein-packed vegan mushroom stroganoff made with savory mushrooms, lentil pasta and a creamy coconut milk sauce.
- 1 field eight ozBarilla Lentil Rotini Pasta
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil, chopped
- 1 small yellow onion
- Four cloves garlic, minced
- eight ozbaby bella mushrooms, sliced
- Four ozfancy blended mushrooms, sliced
- 2 half cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 14 ozcan full-fat coconut milk
- 2 Tablespoons dietary yeast
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon low sodium tamari (or low sodium soy sauce)
- half teaspoon floor pepper
- 1/Four cup contemporary parsley, chopped
- sea salt and pepper, to style
- Add olive oil into a big nonstick pan over medium warmth. As soon as sizzling, add onions and garlic to the pan and sauté for 2-Three minutes or till aromatic, add mushrooms and cook dinner for one more Three-Four minutes. Add dietary yeast and stir.
- Add broth, coconut milk, apple cider vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, tamari and floor pepper.
- Stir and add raw pasta. Cowl pot and improve the warmth to medium-high so the liquid is effervescent. Let cook dinner for about 10-12 minutes, or till the liquid is creamy and pasta is cooked.
- Serve instantly, garnished with contemporary parsley and additional sea salt and pepper to style.
- Serving Measurement: 1/Four or recipe
- Energy: 566
- Sugar: 10g
- Sodium: 296mg
- Fats: 33g
- Carbohydrates: 57g
- Fiber: 10g
- Protein: 19g
Key phrases: mushroom stroganoff