In the present day, along with sharing my tremendous decadent peppermint-hot-chocolate-meets-pancakes recipe, I’m reflecting on all of the random issues that make my vacation season full. Right here’s my record:
Buying at insane hours: It’s most likely one in every of my favourite issues to do on my own in preparation for Christmas and likewise most likely an indication that I’m a loopy individual. I really like purchasing late at evening when the shops are quiet and contours are quick. On the way in which to and from the mall, I sip my peppermint mocha and crank up the Christmas tunes and bask within the glory of stress-free purchasing. The entire expertise is oddly enjoyable.
Made-for-TV Christmas film marathons: Simply final 12 months, my husband and I began this custom of loading up our DVR with each single Christmas film exhibiting within the month of December. The sheer cheesiness of those films is sufficient to preserve us engaged and entertained for hours.
My high 5 fave Christmas songs on repeat: I’m a fan of the non-traditional tunes. In case you’re searching for extra Christmas songs so as to add to your playlist, examine these out:
- This Christmas by Donny Hathaway (my all-time fave, and it must be this model)
- Soul Holidays by Sounds of Blackness (so uplifting!)
- Sleigh Ride by Leroy Anderson (okay this one is a traditional. Any fellow band geeks on the market play this at a highschool Christmas live performance?)
- Last Christmas by Wham (the one factor higher than the 80’s synth sound with jingle bells are the hairdos on this music video.)
- Little Saint Nick by The Seashore Boys (quintessential Seashore Boys besides they’re singing about sleds as a substitute of browsing)
Cheese and crackers on Christmas morning: For so long as I can bear in mind, my mother has ready an enormous plate of various crackers and a wide range of cheeses to take pleasure in whereas opening presents on Christmas morning. It’s at all times enjoyable to play slightly a mixture and match recreation to seek out the perfect cracker-cheese combo.
Peppermint + chocolate: Give it to me within the type of a mocha, cookie, bar, M&M, and even gum. I’m down with this taste combo…a lot in order that I made these Peppermint Sizzling Chocolate Pancakes. For the final 2 years, I’ve really created a Christmas morning custom with these ‘desserts. Final 12 months I made an enormous stack with every pancake getting smaller as you reached the highest so it appeared like a pancake “Christmas tree.” We drizzled the recent chocolate syrup throughout and sprinkled on crushed sweet canes. It was nearly too lovely to eat! Key phrase: nearly
These pancakes are mainly peppermint chocolate heaven. I’ve lightened up the batter with Greek yogurt. No butter or oil in these, but they nonetheless come out moist, hearty, and sorta spongy, however in a totally great way as a result of they take in all that melted minty chocolate.
Say you’re not within the temper to whip up do-it-yourself pancakes…Right here’s a pancake hack for the “simply add water” pancake combine followers on the market: merely add the cocoa powder, peppermint extract, and chocolate chips to the dry combine. Then add water, stir, and prepare dinner as you usually do. You’ll have equally wonderful pancakes in much less time!
For the chocolate syrup, I mainly soften a bunch of chocolate chips with a tiny drop of peppermint extract. Increase finished. Best peppermint chocolate syrup ever. You might be a traditionalist and persist with crushed sweet canes for the topping. However, simply know that sprinkles, extra chocolate chips, and chopped nuts are inspired!
With all of the craziness Christmas morning brings, why not add this festive and (little doubt) sugar high-inducing pancake recipe to the combo. Christmas solely comes yearly! I promise I’ll be again to frequently scheduled healthful and wholesome recipes after the first of the 12 months. Till then, Merry Christmas, Completely satisfied Holidays, and cheers to the New 12 months!
Peppermint Sizzling Chocolate Pancakes
Serves: 12-15 pancakes
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- three tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 egg
- 1 tbs agave nectar or honey
- ½ cup nonfat greek yogurt
- 1 cup milk
- ⅛ tsp peppermint extract
- ¼ cup Chocolate Chips
Peppermint Chocolate Topping
- four ozor ⅔ cup darkish chocolate chips
- ¼ cup heavy cream or heat milk
- ¼ teaspoon peppermint extract
- Crushed sweet canes (non-obligatory)
- Make the pancakes: Mix all pancake substances in a big bowl. Whisk collectively till the batter is easy. Spray a big sauté pan or griddle with cooking spray and convey to medium warmth. Drop about ¼ cup servings of batter onto the pan or griddle. Prepare dinner the pancakes for about 1 minute on all sides or till cooked to your liking.
- Make the peppermint chocolate topping: Soften the darkish chocolate chips. Slowly stir in heat milk and peppermint extract till integrated. High your pancakes with a drizzle of the melted mint chocolate and a sprinkling of peppermint sweet items or crushed sweet canes.