This cozy roasted butternut squash pasta is served with a zesty lemon tahini sauce and makes for a comforting fall/winter meal! This submit is sponsored by Barilla®.
There’s no method round it, cooler temperatures have formally arrived right here in Richmond . . . and I’m slowly coming to phrases with the truth that they are going to be right here for the subsequent six-ish months. The change in climate additionally has me considering rather a lot in regards to the totally different meals I crave and luxuriate in all through the seasons. In the course of the summer season, I would like recent, mild, cool meals and in the course of the fall/winter I crave hearty heat meals.
Not too long ago, I’ve began to problem these ideas and play with the meals I sometimes crave in sure seasons. Take pasta salads for instance: previously, I’ve solely made these within the summertime however I believed why not make a heat pasta salad utilizing seasonal produce!? Who ever mentioned pasta salads must be served chilly?! And who mentioned you may’t have pasta salad as a meal?! We’re difficult all. the. issues.
Ever since I discovered the brand new legume pastas from Barilla, I’ve been making an attempt to assume outdoors of the field relating to pasta, and we’ve been serving pasta as a meal extra regularly. I like utilizing Barilla legume pasta as a base as a result of it’s made with one ingredient (on this case, chickpeas), it’s a great supply of plant-based protein and an superior supply of fiber. Anytime I can have one ingredient filling these two roles in a recipe, it’s a win in my e-book! The entire Barilla legume pastas are licensed gluten-free and Non-GMO Undertaking Verified. Principally, these pastas test all of the packing containers in my e-book – so you may’t go unsuitable! PS: you may find them on Amazon!
For this recipe, I used to be impressed by a roasted butternut squash, chickpea and tahini salad from Orangette I made many moons in the past. I knew I wished to include seasonal roasted veggies – specializing in butternut squash. I like the total taste the roasted squash brings to this dish. It actually compliments the pasta and let’s the tahini sauce shine!
Tahini is tremendous stylish proper now and for good cause . . . it’s so dang scrumptious and sesame seeds are loaded with vitamins like fats, fiber, protein and calcium to call a couple of.
The lemon tahini dressing used for this butternut squash pasta dish is very easy to whip up and tastes scrumptious on every thing. I extremely suggest making a double batch while you make this recipe so you may have leftover sauce. It’s excellent for drizzling over salads, topped cooked veggies and even unfold on toast.
In the event you’re like me and completely obsessive about tahini proper now undoubtedly try a few of my different tahini recipes.
I extremely suggest serving this roasted butternut squash pasta salad heat, however you can too eat the leftovers chilly or at room temperature. To reheat, I like to recommend utilizing low warmth over the range prime. You might want so as to add just a little water or broth so the pasta doesn’t dry out.
Right here’s what you’ll must make this scrumptious dish:
This cozy roasted butternut squash pasta is served with a zesty lemon tahini sauce and makes for a comforting fall/winter meal!
- 1 field (eight oz) Barilla Chickpea Casarecce
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and reduce into 1-inch items (about 5 cups)
- 1 medium purple onion, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ teaspoon floor allspice
- half of teaspoon sea salt
- 1/Four teaspoon floor pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon Bragg’s liquid aminos (or low sodium tamari)
- three tablespoons lemon juice (1 lemon)
- three tablespoons tahini
- 2-Four tablespoons water (reserved from cooking pasta)
- three tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a big bowl, mix butternut squash, onion, garlic, allspice, sea salt, pepper and olive oil. Toss till veggies are coated and unfold evenly on a baking sheet. Roast for 10 minutes, toss after which roast for an additional 10-15 minutes, or till butternut squash is mushy. Take away from the oven and let cool.
- In the meantime, cook dinner pasta based on package deal directions and drain, reserving about 1/Four cup of the pasta water.
- Make the tahini sauce by whisking collectively the lemon juice, liquid aminos, tahini, olive oil and garlic. Add in 2-Four tablespoons of pasta water to skinny the sauce to the specified consistency.
- To assemble the pasta salad, add the pasta, veggies and cilantro into a big bowl. Add tahini sauce to style and toss rigorously. Serve heat with further salt and crushed purple pepper, if utilizing. The pasta is finest served instantly, however you can too take pleasure in it at room temperature or reheat.
- To reheat, I like to recommend utilizing low warmth over the range prime. You might want so as to add just a little water or broth, so the pasta doesn’t dry out.
- Serving Measurement: 1/Four of recipe
- Energy: 507
- Sugar: 3g
- Sodium: 241mg
- Fats: 27g
- Carbohydrates: 59g
- Fiber: 13g
- Protein: 19g
- Ldl cholesterol: 0mg
Key phrases: butternut squash pasta