If you happen to’re trying to find a Thanksgiving facet dish that’s stuffed with greens, stuffed with taste, wholesome, and a complete crowd pleaser, look no additional than this Roasted Vegetable Wild Rice Toss. It’s a veggie facet dish and salad in a single that can rock your socks off! Serve it heat with fresh-out-of-the-oven roasted greens or serve it chilly after the veggies and rice have soaked up all of the fantastic taste from the balsamic French dressing dressing.
The number of greens plus the wild rice add a lot taste and texture! Listed here are the important thing gamers on this dish:
- Roasted greens (together with candy butternut squash, crunchy Brussels sprouts and parsnips, that are like crosses between carrots and white candy potatoes)
- Wild rice (the Minnesotan in me can’t resist this chewy, nutty grain)
- Dried cranberries (for a pop of sweetness)
- Feta (the salty chunk of this cheese pairs so properly with the sweetness of the butternut squash)
- Parsley (for a contact of recent, herby taste)
- This simple balsamic vinaigrette (main tangy, maple-y goodness to deliver all of it collectively)
This dish presents loads of room for substitutions. Not an enormous fan of brussels sprouts? Sub in broccoli or cauliflower. Can’t discover parsnips? Use extra butternut squash, sub in common candy potato, and even beets for a novel taste. Can’t discover wild rice in your neck of the woods? Use any grain like quinoa, couscous, a rice mix, barley, farro, and many others. Uninterested in cranberries? I’ve used pomegranates on this dish they usually have been superb! Hate feta? Shaved parm could be simply superb. Don’t like parsley? Skip it or strive rosemary or thyme. You get the thought. The probabilities are infinite!
The one requirement is that you just roast the veggies! I do know I’ve raved about roasting earlier than, however I like them a lot I significantly might survive on a eating regimen of solely roasted greens. Roasting is unbelievably straightforward too —olive oil, salt, and pepper are all you want. Give the veggies a toss, pop them in a scorching oven, and patiently wait as the sides develop into oh-so-crispy and the veggies barely soften and caramelize. Oh the flavour!
It’s time to make everybody on the Thanksgiving desk fall in love with roasted greens!
Butternut Squash, Brussels Sprouts, and Parsnip Toss with Wild Rice, Cranberries, and Feta
Serves: Eight-10 servings
- 1 pound of Brussels sprouts, trimmed and lower in half
- 2 parsnips, diced
- 2 cups butternut squash diced into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cooked wild rice
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ⅓ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ cup recent parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ½ clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- Sprint salt and pepper
- Roast the greens: Preheat oven to 425 levels. Unfold the Brussels sprouts, parsnips, and butternut squash out on a lined baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Give the veggies a fast toss along with your arms to evenly coat them within the oil and seasoning. Place the veggies within the oven and roast for about 20 minutes.
- Make the dressing: Whereas the veggies are roasting, put together the balsamic French dressing. Place all elements in a small bowl, mini meals processor, or blender. If utilizing a bowl, whisk all elements collectively. If utilizing a meals processor or blender, combine till the dressing reaches a clean consistency.
- Toss: In a big bowl, mix the roasted veggies, wild rice, cranberries, feta, and parsley. Drizzle with the balsamic French dressing and toss every part collectively till mixed.