A savory oatmeal bowl with an egg, avocado, tomatoes and little parmesan. This bowl has an incredible mixture of wholesome fat, protein and carbohydrates.
If you happen to haven’t tried savory oatmeal earlier than, you’re in for a deal with. If you happen to’ve been watching my Instagram tales, you already know I’ve been obsessive about my well-known egg and oat combo bowl these days. I do know it sort of sounds bizarre, however if you happen to like candy and savory stuff you’ll find it irresistible. Don’t knock it ‘til you attempt it!
However right this moment I’ve a brand new, fully savory oatmeal to complete off oatmeal week. It really hits the spot whenever you’re craving one thing savory but in addition don’t have ample time to whip up a full breakfast hash or frittata. If you happen to assume it’s bizarre to have savory toppings in your oatmeal, consider it extra like a breakfast grain bowl. Or take into consideration oats as you’ll grits, that are often served in a savory trend. I truthfully like oats greater than grits as a result of they’re creamier they usually make one of the best, hearty, impartial base for a savory breakfast bowl.
You begin by making the oatmeal in a saucepan with water and a touch of salt. Once more, that is your base so we’re preserving it easy and impartial in taste!
After that, you’ll put together your egg. I choose poached or fried . . . and a runny yolk is a should in my view. 😉 Then I prep the entire toppings! For this savory bowl, I simply used grape tomatoes, avocado, shredded parmesan and seasoning! If you wish to experiment or construct on this bowl sooner or later, you possibly can add some sautéed greens or roasted veggies to this too. Yum!
A particular word on the seasonings… I love the Every thing However The Bagel Seasoning from Dealer Joe’s – I even included it in my round-up of fav Trader Joe’s items! If you happen to don’t have a Dealer Joe’s close to you, I’ve seen comparable spice blends at Lidl and even goal. I additionally actually like including sizzling sauce to my savory oats. It brings the bowl to an entire new stage so I extremely suggest, however if you happen to aren’t a spice lover, you may undoubtedly skip it.
Have I satisfied you to attempt savory oatmeal?!
If you happen to do that savory oatmeal recipe please depart me a remark and star score letting me know the way it seems. Your suggestions is so useful for the EBF crew and different EBF readers who’re enthusiastic about making the recipe.
A savory oatmeal bowl that has the right mixture of wholesome fat, protein and carbohydrates.
- 1/2 cup quaint oatmeal
- 1 cup water
- sprint of sea salt
- 1 cooked egg
- 2 Tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Three-Four grape tomatoes
- 1/Four avocado
- Every thing However The Bagel (EBTB) seasoning
- sea salt and pepper
- contemporary herbs, for topping
- sizzling sauce (non-obligatory)
- Warmth water and oats in a medium saucepan over medium warmth. Add just a little sea salt to the oats. Prepare dinner the oats, stirring sometimes, for 5-7 minutes or till the oats are creamy and the consistency you want. Take away from warmth.
- In the meantime cook dinner your egg nonetheless you want, poached or fried is my favourite.
- As soon as each the egg and oats are completed cooking seize a bowl (I like utilizing a shallow, vast bowl) add oats and prime with cooked egg, parmesan cheese, avocado, EBTB seasoning, contemporary herbs and sizzling sauce, if utilizing. Take pleasure in heat.
- Serving Measurement: 1
- Energy: 330
- Sugar: 3g
- Fats: 16g
- Carbohydrates: 32g
- Fiber: 7g
- Protein: 16g