One summer time I labored on the deli in my native grocery retailer. And along with slicing each number of meat and cheese on the planet, we offered tubs and tubs of potato salad. We acquired the salad in these heavy white buckets that required a screwdriver to pop the duvet off. And from there, we’d scoop piles of the salad into bowls for the show case and place a faux herb leaf on high to make it look fairly.
I like potato salad, particularly with loads of mustard and possibly some hard-boiled eggs. However after seeing it in bulk for three months straight, it fully misplaced its attraction. One other factor that I distinctly keep in mind was the vitamin label on the aspect of the buckets. The ingredient listing was a mile lengthy with all these chemical-sounding elements, most definitely preservatives.
Nice information although. There’s a method to make a splendidly tangy potato salad with out all of the preservatives and fattening mayo. Right now, I’m presenting you with an easy-to-prepare potato salad with a brief ingredient listing. And, to modify it up from the same old chunk-style model, I made a decision to spiralize the potatoes into hearty noodles, which makes for a enjoyable presentation.
The salad comes collectively in three easy steps. First, you’ll spiralize the potatoes and sauté them in a skillet till softened. I’ve been utilizing the The Inspiralizer for all of my veggie noodle dishes, and I completely find it irresistible. Whereas the potatoes are cooking, you’ll put together the salad dressing by merely whisking the Dijon mustard, vinegar, honey and garlic collectively or utilizing a blender to provide the dressing a thick and creamy consistency. The Magic Bullet works wonders on this division. As soon as the potatoes are cooked and the dressing is made, toss all the pieces along with some chopped onion, and contemporary parsley.
My love of potato salad has been restored! Should you’re on the lookout for a aspect dish for this weekend’s BBQ, give this Spiralized Dijon Potato Salad a attempt. It’s a fast and simple salad that’s massive on taste! Plus, these potato noodles may have everybody intrigued!
Word: This put up incorporates affiliate hyperlinks, which suggests I obtain a small fee if you happen to make a purchase order utilizing any of the hyperlinks.
Spiralized Dijon Potato Salad
Serves: Eight servings
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 5-6 small russet potatoes (or three massive), peeled and spiralized
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teasoon pepper
- ⅓ cup Dijon mustard (I used Gray Poupon)
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar (pink wine vinegar works too)
- three tablespoons honey
- 1 clove garlic*
- ¼ cup finely chopped pink onion (or shallot)
- ¼ cup chopped contemporary parsley
- Cook dinner the spiralized potatoes: Pour the olive oil in a big skillet over medium warmth. As soon as heated, add within the potato noodles and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Sauté for about three minutes, tossing sometimes. Then, flip the warmth right down to low and canopy the pan, letting the potatoes prepare dinner for Eight-10 minutes till softened. Each jiffy, uncover the pan to toss the noodles.Switch the potatoes to a big bowl.
- Put together the dressing: Whereas the potatoes are cooking, mix the Dijon mustard, apple cider vinegar, honey, and garlic by whisking or mixing in a meals processor or blender till creamy.
- Assemble the salad: Pour the dressing over the potatoes. Add within the chopped onion, and parsley toss the salad collectively. Serve chilly with extra contemporary parsley sprinkled on high.
*Finely chop the garlic if whisking the dressing.
Serving dimension: ⅔ cup
Energy: 130.6 Fats: .9g Carb: 26.8g Fiber: three.1g Protein: 2.3g Sugar 7.9g Sodium: 331.7mg