Test it out. This Strawberry Banana Chia Granola is sweetened with precise bananas and strawberries. As in, I pureed them with maple syrup and drenched the oats within the combination previous to baking. The puree really jogs my memory of my fave, undoubtedly sugary drink as a child, strawberry banana flavored Yo-J. Do they nonetheless make that stuff?
Talking of my childhood, this granola is looking out to my 7-year-old self. On the uncommon event that we had granola in the home, it was at all times loaded with nuts. All these scrumptious candy clusters ruined with almonds… In fact, I like nuts now. However I made a decision to maintain issues easy within the add-ins division this time round. Apart from the oats, the one different elements I added have been chia seeds and floor flax seed for some added texture. However, should you don’t have these elements readily available, be happy to skip them. Nut haters and allergy victims, this granola is screaming your identify!
I’m significantly excited to introduce this granola to my present breakfast obsession which is one thing I wish to name speedy in a single day oats, for these instances whenever you overlook to prep your oats the evening earlier than and are actually craving them within the morning. Let me clarify. I empty a cup of flavored Greek yogurt right into a bowl, add a handful of oats, a pair teaspoons of chia seeds, a spoonful of flax or coconut flour, and a splash of almond milk. I stir all of it collectively and chill it within the fridge for about 15-20 minutes. The feel and taste is on level. Softened, but chewy oats with a little bit of grainy texture from the flax. And the whole bowl takes on whichever taste of yogurt you utilize. I’ve tried lime yogurt and it tastes like key lime pie. Coconut yogurt…coconut cream pie. Strawberry…strawberry shortcake. The chances are limitless. And one of the best half…I prime it with an enormous spoonful of nut butter.
However now, the nut butter doesn’t need to be lonely anymore! I’m going to grace my speedy oat bowls with a brand new layer of deliciousness known as Strawberry Banana Chia Granola. Your morning yogurt cup and bowl of oatmeal deserves this sweetened crunchy topping. It’s simply meant to be.
Strawberry Banana Chia Granola
Serves: 16 servings
- four cups quaint oats
- Three tablespoons chia seeds
- ¼ cup floor flax
- 2 teaspoons floor cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 banana
- 6 ripe strawberries
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup dried strawberries
- Preheat oven to 300 levels.
- In a big bowl, mix the oats, chia seeds, flax, cinnamon and salt.
- In a meals processor or blender, puree the banana, strawberries, coconut oil, and maple syrup.
- Pour the moist ingredient combination over the dry elements.
- Utilizing a big spoon or spatula, stir the combination till the oats and seeds are evenly coated.
- Unfold the granola combination out evenly on a big nonstick baking sheet.
- Bake within the oven for about 45-60 minutes. Test on the granola each 15 minutes and provides it a fast stir with a big spoon and place again within the oven. After stirring on the 45-minute mark, place the granola again within the oven and examine it each 2-Three minutes till it’s crisp and golden brown. Toss the granola with the dried strawberries.
Serving measurement: ⅓ cup
Vitamin Info (per serving) from Caloriecount.about.com
Energy: 137.Three Fats: four.7g Carb: 22.1g Fiber: four.1g Protein: Three.6g Sugar 5.9g Sodium: 37.1mg