Nothing says vacation gatherings like grazing over an enormous unfold of appetizers earlier than sitting all the way down to a ham or turkey feast. Am I proper? I’m all too aware of the remorse of filling up on appetizers after which feeling too stuffed to eat dinner!
So as we speak, I’m sharing a lighter, low carb appetizer you may convey to your subsequent vacation social gathering. With simply four elements and three steps, these Solar-Dried Tomato Whipped Feta Stuffed Mini Peppers come collectively in minutes, and they are often served scorching or chilly.The whipped feta filling is solely superb and really easy to make. Mix softened cream cheese and feta in a meals processor and mix till clean. Then, add in some candy, sun-dried tomatoes and also you’ve acquired your self one heck of a filling for these mini peppers. Make a double batch and use the additional for a chip or pretzel dip or as a diffusion on crackers, bagels and sandwiches!
Plus, a serious bonus to making ready these appetizers is that, in contrast to jalapenos, these mini peppers don’t pack any spicy warmth. Which suggests, the de-seeding course of solely takes a pair minutes. I actually simply sliced the peppers in half and tore out the seeds and further ribs with my fingers. Filling the peppers is an excellent fast course of too. Don’t fear about portioning out the correct amount for every pepper or filling the pepper to the max. A bit bit goes a great distance when feta is concerned! Merely use a knife and casually smear a bit in every half.
As soon as stuffed, eat them as is, particularly should you love the crunch of uncooked veggies! Alternatively, you may warmth them within the oven to melt the peppers and heat the whipped feta. Both means, it is a pleasant and festive appetizer that gained’t weigh you down!
Solar-Dried Tomato and Whipped Feta Stuffed Mini Peppers
Serves: 36 mini pepper halves
- Eight ounces cream cheese, softened
- ⅓ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ cup rinsed and drained sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 12 mini peppers, de-seeded and sliced in half
- sprinkling of contemporary herbs like basil or parsley (optionally available)
- Preheat the oven to 375 levels.
- Place the cream cheese and feta cheese in a meals processor. Course of the combination till clean and creamy. Switch the whipped feta to a bowl. Add within the chopped sun-dried tomatoes and stir to include.
- Stuff about a bit over ½ tablespoon of whipped feta into every pepper half. Place the stuffed peppers on a lined baking sheet. Bake within the oven for Eight-10 minutes. Sprinkle with contemporary herbs if desired.
Serving measurement: 2 stuffed pepper halves
Diet Info (per serving) from Caloriecount.about.com
Energy: 57 Fats: 4g Carb: three.2g Fiber: 0g Protein: 2.3g Sugar 2.4g Sodium: 123mg