Want a wholesome app to snack on earlier than your Thanksgiving feast? Make a Thanksgiving themed turkey veggie tray. It’s tremendous simple to whip up, wholesome and so cute!
Through the years I’ve come to appreciate that each get together wants a veggie tray and it’s kind of turn out to be my go-to dish. Not solely do veggie trays present an excellent wholesome choice to snack on whereas mingling, they’re actually enjoyable to make — particularly once you create themed veggie trays for various holidays. Just a few years in the past I made a Christmas tree veggie tray that was an enormous hit so this yr I made a decision to attempt my hand at making a Thanksgiving veggie tray.
I imply if a turkey sitting in guac isn’t the cutest Thanksgiving dish you’ve ever seen, I don’t what’s!
A pair issues to notice:
- I used Wholly Guacamole for this tray which made the prep further simple. No must make do-it-yourself guac!
- A spherical veggie tray is greatest for the configuration of the turkey. I bought mine from Target and find it irresistible.
I’ve to give slightly shout-out to Maria as a result of she completely took the lead on this one and got here up with the enjoyable design for the feathers. She’s a bit extra artful/artsy than me which I so admire.
I served this for a Friendsgiving get together we had at our home and everybody thought it was so cute. The one bother is that nobody was consuming it as a result of they didn’t need to mess it up. Remember that this may occur in case you make a themed tray. My recommendation… simply be the primary one to load your plate up with veggies. As soon as one individual dives in everybody else will observe.
In case you make this Thanksgiving veggie tray please come again and go away a remark letting me know the way it turned out and what your get together friends considered it! 🙂
Flip your Thanksgiving veggie tray right into a turkey for a enjoyable and wholesome Thanksgiving app.
- 1-2 crowns broccoli
- 2 heads endive
- 1 package deal mini cucumbers
- 1 bag tri-color mini candy bell peppers
- 1 bag carrot chips
- 1 package deal cherry tomatoes
- 1 jicama or package deal of jicama sticks
- 1 teaspoon greek yogurt
- 2 peppercorns
- guacamole or hummus (a thick dip works greatest)
- spherical tray or platter
- Put the dip in a small bowl close to the underside of the tray. This would be the physique of your turkey. In case you’re utilizing guacamole do that step final/proper earlier than serving in order that the guac doesn’t get brown on you.
- Earlier than making the veggie tray undergo the bag of mini bell peppers and discover a good yellow pepper to make use of for the face. Discover one other one for the wings, one orange pepper that you need to use to chop out the legs and the beak and a purple one you need to use to chop the purple snood.
- Begin inserting the feathers across the fringe of your platter. We did a sample of 1 endive leaf (with a mini bell pepper beneath to prop it up and two broccoli florets. Begin filling in underneath the broccoli with cucumber slices. Add a small slice of yellow bell pepper to the middle of every endive leaf. Then add a cherry tomato on the backside of every leaf. Add one other layer of carrot chips and cucumber slices.
- Organize jicama sticks alongside the underside half of the tray.
- To make the turkey, chop off the highest of the yellow mini bell pepper, empty the seeds out and place it the wrong way up on the high of the bowl. Add the wings utilizing half slices of one other yellow bell pepper. To make the the eyes we stuffed a plastic baggie with a pair teaspoons of greek yogurt, lower off the tip and used it to pipe two dots of yogurt onto the top of the turkey. We then located two peppercorns in the course of the yogurt dots. We have been in a position to simply sit the mini bell pepper beak and snood on the top they usually stayed in place on their very own. For the legs, seize a orange bell pepper and lower out two legs with little toes. Serve instantly.
- Serving Dimension: 1 serving
- Energy: 100
- Sugar: 8g
- Sodium: 181mg
- Fats: 3g
- Saturated Fats: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 16g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 3g
- Ldl cholesterol: 0mg
Key phrases: thanksgiving veggie tray, thanksgiving vegetable tray, turkey veggie tray