Whether or not or not it’s BBQ season in any other case you’re merely inside the mood for one factor smoky and grilled, this marinated portobello mushroom steak is the reply to any vegan keto cravings! The correct alternative for a vegan keto dinner.
Changing into in adequate fats typically is an issue when consuming vegan recipes on a keto consuming routine. The avocado piled on this marinated portobello steak should not be only for style nevertheless for the satiety and properly being benefits of saturated fats! That’s moreover why we added hemp seeds. Hulled hemp seeds are certainly one of many solely plant sources for an entire protein. Solely a tablespoon or two gives much-needed amino acids with out together with a significant amount of carbohydrates, to not level out the nutty style enhance!
When grilling or searing the mushroom, remember that mushrooms have a great deal of moisture. You want to heat the surface of the mushroom shortly with out cooking it so prolonged that it turns into too light.
If in case you could have difficulty discovering the large mushroom caps, then this recipe moreover works with the large sliced portobello mushrooms that are normally inside the produce half. Put collectively them the an identical methodology then fry them in a cast iron pan or a darkish coated skillet to create a savory side dish!
Yields 2 servings of Vegan Portobello Steaks with Avocado Salsa
For the Marinade
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon liquid aminos
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- half teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
For the Mushrooms
- 2 big portobello mushroom caps
- 1 medium avocado, diced
- ½ medium roma tomato, diced
- half cup finely minced parsley
- 2 tablespoons hulled hemp seeds
- half teaspoon salt
1. In a small dish, whisk collectively the marinade parts then put apart.
2. Clear and trim the portobello mushrooms. Take away any mud with a delicate towel. Trim the stem if desired.
three. In a shallow dish, saturate the mushrooms with the marinade and toss a few events to coat. Permit them to take a seat for on the very least 5 minutes, turning generally to absorb the sauce.
4. Combine the diced avocado, tomato, and finely minced parsley in a small bowl. Sprinkle with salt and half of the hemp seeds. Toss to coat.
5. Preheat a darkish coated or cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Pan sear the seasoned mushrooms until all sides browns and the mushrooms begin to soften.
6. Prime each mushroom with avocado salsa and remaining hemp seeds. Serve scorching.
This makes an entire of two servings of Vegan Portobello Steaks with Avocado Salsa. Each serving comes out to be 328.eight Power, 29.95g Fat, 5.45g Net Carbs, and 5.45g Protein.
|Vegan Portobello Steaks with Avocado Salsa||Power||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|2 tablespoons avocado oil||248||28||zero||zero||zero||zero|
|1 tablespoon liquid aminos||eight.5||zero.1||zero.eight||zero.1||zero.7||1.three|
|1 teaspoon liquid smoke||zero.three||zero||zero.1||zero||zero.1||zero|
|2 cloves garlic||eight.9||zero||2||zero.1||1.9||zero.4|
|half teaspoon cumin||three.9||zero.2||zero.5||zero.1||zero.4||zero.2|
|1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar||4.7||zero||zero.9||zero.eight||zero.1||zero|
|2 big portobello mushroom caps||29||zero.6||4.5||2.2||2.three||three.three|
|1 medium avocado||227||21||12||9.2||2.eight||2.7|
|½ medium roma tomato||5.6||zero.1||1.2||zero.4||zero.eight||zero.three|
|half cup finely minced parsley||11||zero.2||1.9||1||zero.9||zero.9|
|2 tablespoons hulled hemp seeds||110.7||9.7||1.7||zero.eight||zero.9||6.three|